Who are the members?
Membership in the League of Women Voters, the most respected and effective grassroots organization in the country, is open to men and women of all ages.
Our members make a visible difference by serving as community leaders using their experience to create positive, lasting change in our communities.
Why should I join?
Through participation in League projects, you will:
- contribute valuable service to the community
- gain knowledge and experience through the study and discussion of timely and important topics
- discover new interests, develop new skills and learn about crucial issues in your community
make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships as you meet others in League who share your interests
How much time does it take?
It's up to you! Many members choose to support the League only with their annual dues. Your membership alone gives us the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change. We cover a broad spectrum of issues and concerns; you may choose to become involved in one or more of them by actively participating in a group study, or listening to a panel of experts at a meeting or just reading about them in one of our publications.
What do I get?
You automatically become a member of LWV Colorado and LWV of the United States. You will receive their publications along with the newsletter from the Montrose County League of Women Voters called The Voter which is usually published 10 times each year . You will have the knowledge that you are adding your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington DC, the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong.
How do I join?
Just fill out the online form at the red button above. (If you are already a member and are renewing, please log in to your account first.)
If you are having trouble becoming a member or renewing membership, you can also send a check to: League of Women Voters of Montrose County, P.O. Box 3321, Montrose, CO 81402.
Email us! We'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Individual $60 (Of this amount $32 goes to National League; $20 goes to State League; $8 is retained by the Montrose League)
- Household $90 – Two members in one household (National League receives $48; State League $30; $12 is retained by the Montrose League)
- Students- FREE (your student status must be verified)
- Sustaining Member $100 ($32 goes to National League; $20 goes to State League; $48 is retained by the Montrose League)
- Whether you are joining or not, we would appreciate it if you can make a donation beyond regular dues because it will go directly to our local League. Thank You!